Pages

Wednesday, September 13, 2023

AWOW-Let’s take a walk


Hello friends!  It’s time for another Around the world on a Wednesday.  Today was a tricky theme for me.  It is about taking a walk.  All I could think of was all the lush green landscape that we are enjoying this summer having had the perfect mix of Sunshine and rain.

I pulled out a new stamp set called Layering Leaves.  I Love the fonts and the sentiments are also pretty great.  And best of all it co-ordinates with a current punch.  Finally!!! Why hadn’t Stampin’ Up! Done this in the past!!! It’s a great way to continue using a fave and it will encourage others to buy it already!! LOL!!


So I stamped some of the images in the background using Pretty Peacock, added some speckles with one of the stamps and some blending.  I then stamped the same leaf with Lost Lagoon and punched them out.  I arranged the leaves how I wanted them.  Went into my stash and pulled out some retired velvet ribbon and adhered the lot with tearin tape being mindful of where my sentiment would go to cover it all up.  It’s not quite a simple card…but it pretty close.  Here is the Stamp set.  


I am curious to see everyone’s else’s take on this theme!!

Won’t you join me and hop around and check it out for yourself??

Thanks for stopping by!!

 


Jan Clothier - AU

Leonie Stuart - AU

Rochelle Laird-Smith - AU

Cheryll Miller - AU

Danielle Kassing - NL

Aurélie Fabre - FR

Mikaela Titheridge - UK

Annette Ball - CA

Angie McKenzie - US

Kelly Taranto - US

Shel Anderson - CA

Sharon Hashimoto Burkert - US

Chris Smith - US

Brenda Nelson - CA

Tricia Butts - US

Theresa McEntee - US

Bree Renwick - US

Lori Willcox - CA

Teri West - US


13 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Annette, such a calming colour palette and layout x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blending in the background and I love the colour palette Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! You have inspired me to dust off mine and get stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty. I love the dimension you've created.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. You are really good at arranging the elements

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness, this is gorgeous! Thanks for drawing attention to this lovely set - I had completely overlooked it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure you were surrounded by loads of flourishing bushes after the rains! Love this stamp set especially the fonts (like you!) and the coordinating punch. Such a fabulous layout and color palette for highlighting this amazing set. xx

    ReplyDelete