Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2023

Embossing Folder Part 2

Last nigh on a Facebook Live I created 2 cards with my embossed backgrounds. I explained on yesterdays post how I made them. And I briefly explained it last night too. 
I should mention that I used the Caseing Tuesday Facebook page for layout inspiration. I didn’t copy it exactly. But I kinda liked the 3 strips for my embossed pieces. 

For this first card I cut the embossed piece into 3.5” wide then cut each strip 1.5” and kept them together so my pattern didn’t get disrupted. 
I used a 5.5 x 8.5, scored at 4.25” Fred Freesia cardstock base and stamped a few flowers from the Regency Park Suite in Fresh Freesia so that it wasn’t completely bare. 
I showed a cool technique where you rough up the cardstock so that you can pull it apart to get a faux suede look then punched out the flowers and leaves. It makes them soft and fuzzy. I used a sponge dauber to add a little colour to the flowers. I stamped my sentiment on a 2.25” circle with Gorgeous Grape, added a ribbon and finished with adhesive backed sequins. 


I added a piece of Basic White cardstock and stamped more flowers on it and the envelope. A stamped envelope is a little sneak peek at what is on the inside!!

Here is a little closeup of the background stamping and those flowers.  The white really pops on that Freesia!

My second card was done pretty much the same  except the embossed background is 5” wide and I cut 1” strips.  The Cardbase is Crumbcake and the sentiment is stamped in Early Espresso. I used the new crmbcake ribbon in the combo pack and used my alcohol marker in Dark Soft Suede to match a little better. And finished with some new crumbcake adhesive dots.




I hope you enjoyed these cards!! 
See ya tomorrow!!

Happy Stampin’!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment