Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Be Inspired - Creating Backgrounds


Backgrounds!!
They can be as simple as a piece of cardstock and as complex as dies/embossing/watercolour...the possibilities are endless!!

I chose to focus on the gorgeous Artisan Designer Series Paper.
I could not WAIT to fussy cut it!!

For todays cards I chose to show you a few colouring techniques.  So grab some black and white dsp's, some blends or your favourite colouring medium and give these cards a try!

First I singly coloured the dsp using a small blending brush for the flowers with Barely Blush and a Soft Seafoam Stampin Blend marker for the leaves.
Added a sentiment, a few sprigs and some possibly retired Pretty Pink ribbon.


For the next card I got my Highland Heather blends and started colouring the flowers, colouring the centres with Daffodil Delight, and the leaves with Peaceful Pine.  I went a step further and coloured the background with Pool Party to really make the flowers pop!  I fussy cut a few flowers from the dsp and added them to the sentiment with a piece of Peaceful Pine ribbon and I Love how it came out!




For the final card I used a technique I learned from my lovely friend Emma Goddard and only coloured the background, I added some pink to the flower centres and Peaceful Pine on a couple leaves.  I think these flowers look amazing left uncoloured!   I added a scalloped circle for the sentiment, and a few more fussy cut flowers.  Then finished with a piece of Cloud Cover Ribbon and Black Bakers twine.   
I can't decide which is my favourite.  And honestly I could have kept going!!
There are still so many ways to play with dsp for your background!!

I hope you have enjoyed my cards today.
Please keep hopping to see what fabulous backgrounds my friends have created.
I can't wait to see them!!

Happy Stamping!!



Annette Ball - you are here




 

2 comments:

  1. Great cards Annette. This DSP is a firm favourite of mine and creates perfect backgrounds. Thank you for sharing all the colouring techniques as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SO love coloring Designer Series Papers - these black-and-white papers are a favorite, and I love what you've done with them.

    ReplyDelete