Pages

Saturday, October 12, 2024

Stamping Inkspirations - Sketch Challenge

 


Hello friends!! How Lucky can a girl get than to play with 2 great sketches in the same week??!. You know I Love a sketch.  I find they are a great starting point!! This particular sketch inspired me to pull out our new two toned cardstock and start tearing!!  The new cardstock is a bit lighter weight than our current cardstock and it is 2 shades different than the current cardstock, one on the front and one on the back.  It’s fast becoming a new favourite of mine!! First, here is the sketch.


See doesn't it make you wanna start tearing and crumpling paper??!!  
Here is what I made. 



The cardbase is Petal Pink 5.5 x 8.5", scored at 4.25"
The white layer is 4 1/8 x 5 3/8" and stamped with snowflakes
Then I used the darker side of the Petal Pink two-toned cardstock measured at 3 x 4"
I used the same width of 3" and tore to fit where I wanted flipping them to get the darker and lighter sides. The first darker layer I crumpled for some dimension, the last piece under the Pool Party Layer was embossed with snowflakes.  I crumpled and stamped snowflakes on the Pool Party layer.  But I didn't just stamp them, I used versa mark then Pool Party Ink and clear embossing powder to make them shiny.  I tied a bow with the gorgeous silver and white 1/2" sheer ribbon.  Then adhered to the front of the card and sprinkled with Rhinestones for a little more pizzaz!!  I Love how it turned out and may make a few in various colours!!  Angie picked out an Awesome sketch!!  I Love my card!!


This is your reminder to stamp the inside of the card and your envelope!!  Something you do not get from a card purchased in the store!!
Please hop along to the next blog 
as there are lots more beautiful cards to be inspired by!!





1 comment: