Pages

Wednesday, December 13, 2023

AWOW - Watercolour Smooshing


 Hello Friends!

It's time to travel around the world on a Wednesday!  Today we are playing with the watercolour smooshing technique.  You know I Love all things watercolouring!!  This is a messy technique...but so much fun and really gets my creative juices flowing!!

I start by dropping colour on a glass block.  Tahitian Tide, Misty Moonlight and Balmy Blue.  I spritz liberally with water.

I heat embossed the Sparkling Snowflakes to some watercolour paper.  Then spritzed it with lots of water then flip it over and push it onto the block lifting and moving it to cover my paper.



Check out the results!! The Misty kinda took over on the first one, so I added a bit more Tahitian and Love the results!! And it gave me a reason to use that sparkly Navy Ribbon!!!




I hope you Love them!! And I hope you give this technique a try!!!

Please keep hopping and check out what my dear friend Angie has created!!







4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I'm interested in the way you did it by doing the embossing first then picking up the ink on wet paper. It gives a different look to the technique. I'll have to try it this way sometime. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this beautiful color combination and the variations in the backgrounds. Simply beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! Great idea to heat emboss the snowflakes first!

    ReplyDelete