Pages

Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Around the World on Wednesday - Favourite colouring tools


Thanks so Much for stopping by!

For those who are here for the first time, 
my name is Annette Ball, I am an Independant Stampin' Up! Demonstrator in Canada.  Welcome to 
Stampin' with the Bees.  

Thanks so much to Angie McKenzie for inviting me to participate in the Around the World on Wednesday Blog Hop!!  I was so excited to be asked!! 


Today's Theme is All Things Crafty;
Favourite Colouring Tools

One of my go to colouring tools is my Sponge Daubers. I find you can control how much ink by adding it gradually with a dauber. I stamped the Magnolia on Whisper White cardstock with Smokey Slate. Then I used Petal Pink and Pear Pizzaz to dauber the colour on the flower making it darker where I thought shadows would fall.




There are many ways to colour and another favourite is watercolouring. I stamped the Magnolia onto Shimmery White Cardstock with Tuxedo Memento Black Ink. Then I pushed an empty block onto my Melon Mambo ink pad. I used an Aqua painter to fill in the colour. I paint one petal at a time, trying not to colour petals that touch. First I wet the petal with a clean Aqua painter. Then I add colour to the part of the petal I think will be the darkest. Then with a cleaner brush I move colour around to fill in the rest of the petal. I used the same method with Old Olive on the leaves. 



Watercolouring can be lots of fun. Don’t be discouraged. I learned mostly by playing with it. I do have some painting experience. But that was with acrylics. 

24 comments:

  1. So beautiful Annette. Fabulous job with the watercolouring. I really love your Melon Mambo magnolia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Me too, that's why I had to post both of them!!
      Thank you!!

      Delete
  3. The watercolor card is perfect. I also like the sponge finger work and the background stencil. I find that it brings a lot of elegance to your creation. Well done !

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are both so pretty, but I especially love the Melon Mambo flower! 😉

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice, Annette. You inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty cards! Love the soft sponged background on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely pair with such distinctly unique looks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy Smokes!! What an amazing job you've done with DAUBERS! When I try that...yuk! Simply wonderful, Annette!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both beautiful cards, I love the dimension you got on the magnolia!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply beautiful cards. Love the soft coloring with the Sponge Daubers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous cards, Annette! But I must say that the watercolored one tugs at my heart a little more! Thanks for the inspiration and for hopping Around the World on Wednesday with us! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. The company offers 19 different kinds of drug testing kits, which you can use at home to know the level of toxins and drugs in your blood: While we are discussing how to pass a drug test for weed, it is important to be aware of the various types of drug testing. Knowing about these tests in detail can help you better prepare for them. There are four common types of tests that can detect adult drug usage and are likely to be used by your employer. This is one of the most frequently used tests to indicate drug use. If you have tried weed for the first time or are an occasional smoker, a urine test can detect marijuana for up to five days. The period for which urine tests can detect drugs varies from one to three weeks for frequent users and four to six weeks if you are a daily user. Health professionals examine color, relevant medication indicators, pH, and the temperature of your urine. Urine tests can detect alcohol, opioids, opiates, or methamphetamines if you have used them. Most companies ask you to provide your urine sample at the lab. Since you will be dealing with professionals who are trained in detecting fake urine, you have to be cautious. You have to carefully switch samples and ensure that your fake is as close to the real thing as possible. For your help, here’s a checklist to ensure your synthetic urine sample gets submitted without being detected: 1. Temperature This is where even quality pre mixed synthetic urines fail the test if not done right. Real human urine has a temperature of 98°F that technicians look out for. High-quality synthetic urine kits come with heating devices to heat the urine and regulate its temperature. 2.

    ReplyDelete