Pages

Friday, September 6, 2019

Colour Challenge



One team I belong to is called the Ink'in Elite.  I became a member when I joined Stamp'in Up!

My Upline posts a challenge every month and honestly I usually miss it because I am busy doing other things.  I really enjoy going outside my comfort zone and trying new things...I tend to use a lot of the same colours and like the idea of playing with other combinations.  So I sat down last night and made a card.  Here are the colours.
I thought the top row looked appealing..and if I had any Rich Razzleberry I may have used that too.  But here is my dilemma...zero Daffodil Delight at my fingertips!!  It's in my next delivery!!  So I chose the colours I did have...Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay and Pear Pizzazz.  Here is my card...I surprised myself...I did not expect to Love it...but I truly do!! And I hope you do too!!


The cardbase is Pear Pizzazz as are the leaves which I punched out using the Leaf punch, I sponged the edges with Pear Pizzazz and folded the leaves to create some texture to the card.  I also created texture by running the Bermuda Bay background thru the Pinewood Plank embossing folder.  The daisies were stamped with Melon Mambo on Melon Mambo and punched out with the medium daisy punch, I layered 3 to create a full daisy placing a gold faceted gem in the center of each.  I also added some gold thread among the flowers and the sentiment and tucked in a few vellum sprigs because I can't help myself..I love vellum!!

Thanks for stopping by!  All these products are available at my online store by clicking on the Canadian flag to your right.  And if you do not want to miss a post you can click at the top to become a follower and receive an email every time I post something!
Happy Stampin!

No comments:

Post a Comment