Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2024

AWOW - March Blues

 


Hello friends!  Today is an Around the World on a Wednesday kinda day!!

I am very excited about the theme; March Blues.  I Love all the Stampin' Up! Blues!!

Pool Party, Balmy Blue, Boho Blue, Misty Moonlight, and Night of Navy 

are the blues for the challenge.

So as not to make any of them feel unloved I played with them ALL!!



I pulled out the much loved, but somewhat neglected Colour and Contour.  I used it at my card buffet recently and thought it would be perfect for this theme.  I also used the Sympathy sentiment from Heartfelt Hexagon.  While stamping that sentiment with some daisies I was struck by how I could easily make a simple card with this set and could not help myself!!
These were made using the last bits of Boho Blue and Mistly Moonlight.


First up is Balmy Blue, I stamped with Balmy Blue all over the card front, tied a bow with my favourite variegated ribbon (which I have also been neglecting).  Blended a little colour to the flower centers then a sploosh of Wink of Stella.  I stamped and fussy cut a few out to add some sparkle to the middles then went nuts with the Basic Rhinestones LOL!


Pool Party!! One of my favourite colours although I don't think I would consider it a blue so much.  This is all over the card front stamping with pool party.  I started in the center and worked my way out from there.  The centers were coloured with a Blends marker.  Stamped and cut out a few leaves.  added somePool Party Ribbon and Rhinestones.  To make the sentiment stand out I inked it up with Versamark then Pool Party and finished with clear and embossing powder and my heat tool.


Night of Navy, I am sure that I could have stamped Night of Navy on Night of Navy, but I thought the white heat embossed flowers would stand out more.  
More importantly it photographed really well!!
There is some blending of Night of Navy around the edges..but it is pretty faint in this photo.


Misty Moonlight.  I punched out a bunch of Hexagons, randomly stamped flowers on them.  Arranged them on the card front and blended some Misty Moonlight on the bottom right edge to create a cool effect.  All the shapes are adhered with dimensionals.


I hope you enjoyed my cards and that you give these ideas a try. 
Really you can do this with any flowers!!  
Please keep on hopping and see what my friends around the world have made.. 

3 comments:

  1. Oh Annette, what a fabulous idea to feature each shade of blue in it's own creation. I love how your mind works! Brilliant and love the challenges this method creates! Oooh, I want to do this with other colour families now! ;-) It is hard to choose, but I think the Balmy Blue card is my fave! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Night of Navy is my favorite! loved. seeing all the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW! So many cards! I love the one with the shaded hexagons, it's so much in the style I love but at the same time I love the one in Balmy Blue, with the bouquet of flowers and the ribbon! What an inspiration! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete