Pages

Wednesday, July 12, 2023

AWOW - CAS(e) a Team Member

Welcome!! You are probably joining me from my new Best Friend's blog.  'Wink'

I wrote my post before I realized I would be on her Next button.  We had lots of fun working on today's hop and here is my take on our time together...and before you get much further I want you to know that I have admired Mikaela from afar for a while.  She is super creative and such a lovely person.  

One of my favourite sources of inspiration is the Artisan Design Team!! And I am lucky enough to call a few of them friends!!  For this month the lovely Angie drew our names and paired us up with team members to Case (Copy and Share Everything) a third team member.  The idea is to get to know each other as we decide on who to case and our approach.

And this LUCKY girl got Mikaela Titheridge from the Crafty Oink as the person to get to know better and plan out out projects..yes..Projects!! She is currently on the Artisan Design Team and it is not her first time.  I was Super Excited to be paired with her!!  Now I am not a complete stranger to Mikaela, but other than a few messages and showing up at the same card class here and there I would say we know each other somewhat.  We became fast friends in one afternoon of zooming and planning and yes...crafting!! I felt like I was in her Summer House with her and we were having a great natter!! It was so Much fun!!

Ok so enough about our budding friendship..you are all here for a card.  We decided to CASE the amazing Brenda Nelson.  She is Canadian, an Artisan and a friend of Mikaela's and a new Facebook friend to me.  She is super talented and we both Love her style!!  She is not hopping with us today and has no idea that we picked her..y'all should look her up!! Stamp with Brenda on Instagram.

So we sent pictures of her cards back and forth and these two stood out as inspiration for our project.  We decided to pair up Bubble Bath with Pretty Peacock and we both used elements from the card; stamping tone on tone and the little tag for example.  Here are Brenda's cards.  



What we found out was that Pretty Peacock goes well with Bubble Bath and I think it is safe to say that we both LOVE this colour combination.  Now Mikaela had some Cheerful Daisy die cuts on her desk so we decided she could make use of those so I proceeded to stamp a bunch out on watercolour paper as I am currently celebrating Watercolour month and all my cards are featuring watercolouring.
Here are my projects:


Now I turned my card sideways just to be a bit different as Mikaela switched up her card shape as well.  And we decided to do a card, a tag and a gift package of some kind.  I stamped daisies all over a piece of Pretty Peacock with Pretty Peacock ink then heat embossed white centers and you can't see it well on the photo, but I used my blending brush and Bubble Bath on those centers.  I then die cut a bunk of daisies from watercolour paper and brushed them with tons of Bubble Bath as we chatted and laughed away on the zoom.  I used Parakeet Party on the leaves.  But my ribbon is actually Lemon Lime Twist...but went remarkably well!! I used Pretty Peacock on the sprigs.  I blended some Peacock ink on the tag, but perhaps I should have made the bag out of Bubble Bath, but sadly I only have a couple sheets...added to my next order!!  But all this Pretty Peacock makes my flower really stand out.  I layered I wanna say 4 or 5 sets of die cuts and made a fluffy, full daisy and I was quite happy with myself Tee Hee!!



Her is a close up...I LOVE it !!! It is so Pretty!!!
I crowded a bunch of the Loose Frosted dots in the center and embellished with the pale sequins...they are Petal Pink...but you cannot tell LOL!!



I used a piece of Bubble Bath Vertically on my card, embossed with the Time Worn Text Embossing folder.  I stamped you are amazing on my Pretty Peacock Layer, then embossed it with one of the 3 embossing folders that are on the Online Exclusive tab of my online store.  It is my fave and I cannot stop using it!!  I also blended the edges to make it pop off the cardbase,


Under the flowers I have a tag I cut from watercolour paper and i splooshed some Parakeet Party Ink on that.  I tried not to completely cover it up...but those daisies are big!! And you know I need to use a minimum of 3 LOL!!

Please go check out what my buddy Angie has made, who she got to know better and who they cased!!
I for one cannot wait to hop around and see all the projects!!
Happy Stampin'



 

20 comments:

  1. Gorgeous gorgeous projects Annette. Love the contrast of colours and the fluffy daisy ... wow!!! I love Mikaela's projects as well ... Sooo much inspiration in both of your posts! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous. I love this color combination. The layered daisy is stunning and will definitely CASE that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely. It's cool how different your projects are, but are still tied together with this bold color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This gift set is GORGEOUS! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow stunning projects Annette love the colours you've used and adding those frosted pearls and sequins really does finish the bag off perfectly. Love them thanks for sharing xxx Natalie Arnold

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning Annette! You ladies must have had a fun time x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beauty! I love the incredible dimension you've achieved in those stunner daisies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your projects are just beautiful and I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the daisy on your gift bag! Both projects are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow just... this daisy is extraordinary! You two must have really enjoyed sharing like this and the result is wonderful! Congratulations to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, these projects are amazing! I love the colour combo and those daisies are just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such gorgeous projects and a lovely color combination! You and Mikaela make a good team!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous projects Annette! Your colors are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad you and Mikaela had fun getting to know each other better, Annette! Such lovely projects that you collaborated and CAS(e)d... love the Pretty Peacock with the Bubble Bath - so striking! xx

    Brenda can also be found on her blog at https://stampsandstretchypants.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely stunning!!!! I would love to case it, and if I do, I shall tag you :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete