Pages

Wednesday, March 8, 2023

AWOW-Colour Challenge

 


This month the Around the World team is playing with a colour challenge!! We were instructed to choose at least 3 of the colours in the image below. They are; Starry Sky, Rich Razzleberry, Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana, Pool Party, Soft Seafoam, Mint Macron, Petal Pink, and Pale Papaya.


The colours I chose were as follows. I started with colouring 3 stamped images. The flower centres are Dark Pale Papaya, then as I went out towards the petal edges I blended with Light Pale Papaya and Light Petal Pink.  I coloured the leaves with Light and Dark Mint Macron. I wanted to use a dark colour for the background to offset the pale flowers and I chose Starry Sky. However I thought a full background was a bit too much so I cut the piece on a diagonal, tucked in some Starry Sky variegated twine and finished with some Pale Papaya embellishments. 

For the sentiment I hear embossed directly to the card front  a risky proposition that turned out in my favour whew!!  Looking at this card I can see a few things I could change up  and perhaps I should have played with colour a little bit more…perhaps even used an embossing folder on that background…. 

I hope this card had inspired you to create a card of your own!! Please keep hopping to see what the rest of the team has made  I can’t wait yo see all the colour combinations! 


Jan Clothier - NZ

Leonie Stuart - AU

Rochelle Laird-Smith - AU

Cazz Boylan - AU

Cheryll Miller - AU

Melissa Gifford - AU

Danielle Kassing - NL

Aurélie Fabre - FR

Mikaela Titheridge - UK

Annette Ball - CA

Wendy Lee - US

Shel Anderson - CA

Chris Smith - US

Tricia Butts - US


8 comments:

  1. So beautiful Annette, your colours pop against the Starry Sky xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Card Annette! Love how the Pale Papaya flowers contrast against the Starry Sky DSP x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Annette! I love how you girls have used Starry Sky in the background, so striking!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty layout - it suits that generous swathe of florals. I like the way the background is split into two contrasting colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful colour combo, I love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! What a great idea to use this set! I love this succession of bouquets! Great job!

    ReplyDelete