Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Dear Doily - Global Design Project 173 Colour Challenge



Dear Doily 


Confession Time!! 
 I am not a fan of the subtle colour family and I do not own the inks So Saffron, Petal Pink and Soft Seafoam.  
I know you are thinking how are you going to participate in this weeks challenge!!
Well it just so happens that I do have the cardstock.....and while I could use versamark to stamp on the cardstock and it would look very cool, I chose to go another way.
The Dear Doily Stamp set in the 2019 Occasions Catalogue called to me right away...die cutting doilies in any colour I desire??  
Yes Please!!!
So this bundle, in particular the dies were perfect for this challenge!!
Here is my card


My card base is a piece of  8.5" x 11" Whisper White cardstock cut at 4.25 and scored at 5.5".
The first layer is another piece of Whisper White cardstock cut at 4" x 5.25" then embossed with the Tufted Embossing folder.  
Then I die cut a few of the doilies in So Saffron and Petal Pink to mimic flowers.  And punched a few leaves with the Leaf punch out of Soft Seafoam.  To add dimension I folded each leaf slightly to add a vein where it would naturally occur using my take your pick tool...I just LOVE that tool!!


I Hope you Love my card!!  And if you Love this stamp set and dies mark your calendar because I am having a class on March 23 to showcase all the Beautiful things you can make with this set.
                                      

Thanks So Much for visiting my Blog today!!


2 comments: