Pages

Sunday, August 11, 2019

August Kre8tors Blog Hop Farms


Welcome!  My name is Annette and I am the creator of Stampin' with the Bee's.  I am a Canadian Stampin' Up! Demonstrator and I am excited to participate in the Kre8tors Blog Hop!

This month's theme is a colour challenge inspired by the amazing farmers markets we have at this time of year.  I Love all the fresh produce available to us locally!!  So I decided to pull out the Heartland Stamp set again and have a play.  I hope you enjoy it!

Here are the colours we were asked to use:
And here is the Heartland stamp set

We were asked to use at least 3 of the colours...and when I saw the sky I had to create something with the Petal Pink and Highland Heather.  So I pulled out a piece of water colour paper and sprayed water on it then took one of the floral stamps from the To a Wild Rose stamp set, it is the one that has lots of open space and stamped both the Petal Pink and Highland Heather randomly overlapping until I liked what was left.  Then I blotted it and set it aside to dry.


My cardbase is Cherry Cobbler with a piece cut 1/8" less.  I then embossed it with Pine Wood Planks.  I stamped the farm image and the sentiment in Espresso ink, using I to also sponged the edges.  Finishing it with a linen thread bow wrapped twice around.
Here is a closeup of that sky.

item # 151223

All the products used are available at my Online store, just click on the Canada flag to your right!! If you live in Canada I would love the opportunity to earn your business!!
Please click the next button and check out the rest of the amazing cards inspired by this same colour theme!





Roll Call List

17 comments:

  1. Perfect use of the colors and photo, Annette! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Annette, such a dramatic sky! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card! Im going to be looking at flower stamps as abstract sky stamps in the future, thank you. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, Annette!!! I almost used the same set, so glad I didn't as I would have hated to compete against this amazing card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an amazing use of stamps. Brilliant card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the scene you've created. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card and I love the background you've painted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sky is gorgeous! Well done on this challenge! Thanks for hopping with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You really captured the challenge!

    ReplyDelete